As a not-for-profit, membership organisation, the Hunter Culinary Association operates with a mission to strive for absolute excellence in delivering a superior culinary experience for visitors to the Hunter Region, through exceptional world class Chefs, internationally acclaimed local produce, and outstanding service regimes, established by the finest restaurateurs in the country. We aim to do this by bringing together industry professionals, local providores and suppliers in an open forum to address opportunities and challenges for our industry. This balance makes the events and initiatives of the Hunter Culinary Association a perfect environment where members and sponsors can meet to exchange ideas, discuss common issues and work together to develop and expand the Hunter Region's brand as a dining destination. Members come from all industry sectors, including Chefs, Apprentices, Front of House Staff, Wineries, Providores and Suppliers to our regional industry. Your membership and participation will deliver these important benefits:
- Networking: connecting with likeminded professionals continuing valuable contacts and making new ones.
- Visibility: putting your organization at the forefront of the industry.
- Information, research and education: through workshop and luncheon participation, Hunter Culinary Association newsletters, and introduction to regional suppliers and resources.
- Business and industry growth: lowering promotional costs and increasing regional initiatives to further promote the region as a food tourism destination.
- Influence with policy makers, media and analysts: through association outreach to government and commercial organizations to influence changes in our industry and region.
- Innovation: exploring new ways of approaching common business goals, food techniques and standards.
The recently elected committee members are committed to furthering the work completed over the past 5 years in which Hunter Culinary Association has been operating. With a fresh direction on promotional and educational activities as well as being further supported by key local sponsors we are planning some fantastic initiatives in which to assist, you, our member and your business success. We would welcome you to join us a member in 2014 and look forward to working with you over the coming 12 months. If you would like to discuss your membership further please feel free to contact me at any stage.
Membership is available in 2 categories
1. Business- Full voting rights
2. Associate – For Individual – no voting rights
3. TAFE Apprentice Information Application - Apprentices - no voting rights